Beschrijving van opleiding
The aim of the BA in Start-up Management is to train versatile, ambitious business management leaders with proven experience and future competencies capable of creating innovative solutions and sustainable businesses, as well as adapting to the dynamic business environment and technology trends.
- To provide knowledge and practical skills in entrepreneurship, innovation, technology and development of emotional intelligence.
- To ensure practice-based learning. (Student teams will build their own companies in the 1st year.)
- To apply non-traditional knowledge acquisition through team self-study, in combination with discussion panels and hands-on activities to stimulate interest and motivation for in-depth learning in a practical way within the company.
- To provide each student individual mentor sessions to develop a student's personal growth plan and skills.
- To provide knowledge and practical skills in financial management, marketing, business modeling, communication skills, economics, accounting, data analysis and interpretation, service design, leadership, product development, minimal viable product development, content creation and media, personal branding.
- To ensure that there is a possibility to make money in the study process without paying attention to extra-curricular activities.
- To provide attendance at industry conferences, hackathons and their organization to get to know the industry, understand business relationships and presentation skills.
- To prove the knowledge acquired during the studies in the bachelor's examination and practical tests of real enterprise problem-solving.
Learning the literature
Students acquire knowledge independently through recommended literature, online courses, and other materials.
During the class, students discuss their new knowledge with each other.
During the class, students solve problems of entrepreneurs and apply their knowledge in the development of their company.
General study courses
- Personal growth
- Professional English in the labor market
- Communication skills
- Innovation Week
- Financial markets
- Sharing economy
- Platform business model
- Game theory
Basic theoretical courses and courses of information technologies
- Information communication technologies for entrepreneurs
- Technology Business
- Basics of Economics
- Management of the company
- Legislation and administrative management
- Statistics and data interpretation
- Civil and environmental protection
- Sustainability and Green Thinking
Courses of professional specialization
- The 21st Century Marketing
- Financial management
- Service design
- Future leadership
- Sales and customer relations
- Practical company marketing
- Product development through experimentation
- Content creation and media
- Innovation management
- Project 24
The program's aim is to train versatile, ambitious business management leaders with proven experience and future competencies. Graduates will be able to perform tasks of:
- Business Manager, Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Project Manager
- Innovation Manager or any other role in the company which involves being capable of creating innovative solutions and sustainable businesses, as well as adapting to the dynamic business environment and technology trends.
Alyona Ryabovalova from Uzbekistan
I have a friend who suggested me to consider Latvia since it is a safe country, an interesting culture, and an amazing nature. [The reason why I had chosen Ventspils is the fact that it is located right on the coast of the beautiful Baltic Sea.] Moreover, I found a program that appealed to me. I had spent an amazing 3 years completing my bachelor's in business administration and decided to continue with the master's degree in the same field.
The program has exceeded my expectations. We have amazing professors coming from different countries, such as the USA, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria. All the professors have incredible backgrounds, and they try their best to give us the knowledge which they had gained throughout their experience.
Monika Majoros from Hungary
I am studying in a master's study program Languages and Cultural Environment. The reason why I chose this program is simple – I needed an opportunity to learn languages. I think the more languages we know, the more opportunities we have. Latvia is a new beginning for me, an endless adventure and a great challenge.
Rohit Gupta from India
I am a proud student of VeUAS. The computer science course I am studying consists of crucial subjects such as Computer Hardware, Programming, Operating Systems, etc. My personal favorites ones are Programming, Physics and Latvian Language. VeUAS has always assisted me in studies and practical matters that help me to understand how different things work here and help me feel at home. The university is beyond my expectations and I am grateful that I have the opportunity to study and live here. The different activities and events happening here keep the VeUAS atmosphere fresh and amusing. Overall the quality of life and education here is great and I feel very relaxed to study in this beautiful nature of Latvia.
Dana Reizniece-Ozola, Master’s Degree in Translation, Latvian Politian, former Minister of Finance and former Minister of Economics of the Republic of Latvia
Ventspils University of Applied Sciences was my ticket to success: strong education, smart people and an environment where the most cosmic ideas can be implemented.
Andris Slavinskis, Master’s Degree in Computer Science, employed at NASA Ames Research Center in the USA, Tartu Observatory, Finnish Meteorological Institute and Alto University in Finland.
I consider starting my studies one of the most important stages in my life because it gave me the opportunity to work with talented teachers who care about students, to study independently and with classmates, and to take responsibility for my own life. During my studies, I was completely devoted to student life - taking photos and taking part in a photo group, dancing folk dances and making friends with whom I continued to grow after Ventspils. VeUAS is a place to develop for students who are not afraid of challenges.
Over de school
Ventspils University of Applied Sciences (VeUAS) was founded in 1997 as a self-governing state university and scientific institution. Its basic activity is to carry out scientific research and to impl ... Lees meer