Our Chemistry degrees offer modern teaching in purpose-built laboratories including online pre-lab material to ensure students feel safe and confident working in labs. Modules cover the main branches of chemistry, namely organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry and instrumental and analytical techniques. These courses will develop both theoretical and practical skills, including lab classes that incorporate a blended, e-learning pre-lab workshop to ensure students are confident and competent to work in the labs in a safe and efficient manner.
- Innovative pre-lab simulation will allow students to practice lab skills in their own time
- Core modules aligned with current excellence in research (natural products, materials engineering, medicine)
- New state-of-the-art Chemistry Hub consisting of teaching laboratories and research space
- Royal Society of Chemistry in process of accrediting the degrees
- Year in Industry programmes tailored to fit with subject areas, and available for students to transfer onto during their second year of study
- Excellent links with industry established
- Top University in Wales [Times & Sunday Times University Guide 2017]
- A levels: AAB-BBB to include Chemistry and one other science or mathematics subject
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 34-32 to include to include at least 6 in HL Chemistry
- Welsh Baccalaureate: Requirements are as for A levels where you can substitute the same non-subject specific grade for the Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Level Core Grade
For non-native English speaking applicants: IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test
How To Apply
All applications for full-time undergraduate degrees must be made through U.C.A.S. Further information is available on the U.C.A.S. website.
For UK applicants, please apply online at www.ucas.ac.uk
A chemistry qualification opens the door to a wide range of careers options, both in and out of the lab. There are endless interesting and rewarding science-based jobs available – these can be in research, outdoors or in other industries, you might not have thought of. Please visit the Royal Society of Chemistry website for details.
Find out more about the huge range of jobs in chemistry by exploring the job profiles on the Royal Society of Chemistry website (eg Cancer Researcher, Flavourist & Innovation Director, Chief Chemist, Sustainability Manager, Fragrance Chemist, Household Goods Senior Scientist, Analytical Scientist, and many more).
Deze school biedt programma's in:
Laatst bijgewerkt op December 10, 2017