The Department of Interior Design provides high-quality interior design education to its students by focusing on developing their technical as well as generic skills so that they are well qualified for gainful employment in interior design discipline and can effectively contribute to the advancement of the community. The Interior Design program also aims to prepare its students for postgraduate study.
Graduates of Interior Design program shall have:
1. A foundation in basic skills and the ability to apply those skills in their design process and presentation.
2. Skills and abilities required for data collection, analysis, design, and evaluation of interior design projects including technical details.
3. The ability to utilize up-to-date technology in the field of interior design, for example, computer-aided design and other software applications, and working drawings and presentations.
4. The ability to work as an efficient team member in multi-professional groups.
5. The ability to recognize environmental factors and cultural, traditional and heritage aspects.
6. The ability of critical thinking and life-long learning.
7. Gained basic information about the interior environment, with the application of lighting, acoustics and human factors.
Admission to the Interior Design program requires a UAE Secondary School Certificate, or its equivalent, with a minimum acceptable grade of 60 percent. For more information, please refer to the university admissions policy
A graduate from the Interior Design program is qualified by education, experience, and examination to develop interior designs for the purpose of improving the quality of life, increasing productivity, and protecting the health, safety, and welfare the public.
A graduate is able to take up a job position as an:
- Interior Designer
- Interior Teaching Assistant
- Project Manager Assistant
- Business Marketing Assistant
The Bachelor in Interior Design will be awarded upon the fulfillment of the following:
- Successful completion of all courses in the program curriculum (130 Credit Hours)
- Successful completion of four Credit Hours of Engineering Training A minimum cumulative AGPA of 2.0
Deze school biedt programma's in:
Laatst bijgewerkt op June 8, 2018