• Tourism & hospitality is a multidisciplinary field of study with the purpose of preparing people with the expertise, commitment and skills for management, marketing and operations in the expanding industry that provides food, accommodation and tourism services.
• The BA (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management programme draws upon a wide range of disciplines to provide specialised knowledge and skills required to fulfil the diverse demands placed upon individuals in management positions within the tourism and hospitality industry.
The BA (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management Programme is offered over a period of four (4) years, with a student undertaking study of core and elective courses which embed Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development, to ensure students graduate with the necessary skills to create innovative enterprises.
There is also a mandatory industrial attachment for all students to ensure they are exposed to industry before graduation, as well as a Research Project. The programme will cover all the key components of Tourism and Hospitality Management in the 21st Century including:
• Consumer Behaviour
• Event Planning and Management
• Marketing for Tourism and Hospitality
• Sustainable Tourism
• Hospitality Management
• Culinary arts
• E-commerce for Tourism and Hospitality
• Service Quality Management in Tourism and Hospitality
A minimum of 30 points from the High School leavers Certificate. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for the programme specific criteria and application form.
There are many career opportunities available for graduates, including:
• Customer service manager/supervisors
• Front office managers
• Tourism officers
• Events organisers
• Branding officers
• Entrepreneurship in various fields including:
- Travel agency
- Tour operations
- Souvenir shops
- Food outlets/restaurants
- Cultural villages, etc.
The target groups for this programme are high school leavers and those individuals with appropriate qualifications and or relevant experience, who desire to acquire further training at Degree level.
The BA (Hons) in Tourism and Hospitality Management shall be offered over a period of four years, with a student undertaking study of core and elective courses which embed Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development. There is also a mandatory industrial attachment for all students as well as a Research Project.
Deze school biedt programma's in:
Laatst bijgewerkt op January 24, 2018